db-derby-user mailing list archives

From mball...@oreillyauto.com
Subject Derby 10.1.3.1 Embedded+Network
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:58:40 GMT

I have configured Derby to run in embedded mode, including starting the
Network Framework, within Tomcat5.  Everything works fine, except that when
I connect to the Network framework, ie, via ij or from another machine on
the network, using a query tool, I seem to only get a Read-Only connection.
If I drop Tomcat (& the embedded instance of Derby) and start a pure
NetworkServer instance then I can get a read-write connection.  My goal is
to run Derby embedded in Tomcat, while still having the luxury of accessing
Derby via the network for queries, maintenance, etc.  Thanks for any help.