db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <Mirko.Zier...@nuernberger.de>
Subject Problems connection to a secured DB via Client/Server-Driver
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 13:32:02 GMT
Hi,

I want to connect via c/s-driver to a DerbyDB (Version 10.2.1.7), which
is secured through user authentication properties in the
service.properties file. The properties are:

derby.connection.requireAuthentication=true
derby.authentication.provider=BUILTIN
derby.user.admin=password
derby.database.defaultConnectionMode=noAccess
derby.database.fullAccessUsers=admin

Connecting to the db with ij on windows commandline and with the
embedded driver works fine and I can read the content of the table:

H:\>java -jar %DERBY_HOME%\lib\derbyrun.jar ij -p
e:/derbydbs/tests/testdb/service.properties
IJ Version 10.2
ij> connect
'jdbc:derby:e:/derbydbs/tests/testdb;user=admin;password=password';
ij> select * from userdatas;

Trying to get a connection via the Client-Server-Driver I get the
following exception:
   FEHLER 08004: Connection authentication failure occurred.  Reason:
userid or password invalid.

I did the following steps:
1. Open a commandline window and starting the Networkserver
	D:\db-derby-10.2\bin>startNetworkServer.bat
	Server is ready to accept connections on port 1527.

2. Open a second commandline window and starting ij
3. Connecting to the db
H:\>ij
IJ Version 10.2
ij> connect
'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/e:/derbydbs/tests/testdb;user=admin;passwor
d=password';
FEHLER 08004: Connection authentication failure occurred.  Reason:
userid or password invalid.

Can anyone help me finding out the failure?

Thanks
Mirko

Hinweis:
Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Empfänger bestimmt und
kann vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der Empfänger dieser E-Mail oder
dessen Vertreter sind, dann senden Sie bitte die E-Mail an den Absender zurück (Antwort-Funktion
bzw. reply email). Entfernen Sie bitte danach die Nachricht aus Ihrem System.
This e-mail message including any attachments may contain privileged or confidential information
and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
please immediately return this e-mail message to the sender by reply e-mail, delete the original
message and destroy all copies thereof.
MSW 5.1