db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Suraj Batuwana <sbatuw...@virtusa.com>
Subject Re: Issue with Derby when using with IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 05:11:38 GMT

Hi Suresh,

1. I have tested on 1.5 (j9) to check the same error is happening there. And
it does. So the error is not targeted a perticuler JVM. Basically I am using
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2)
Classic VM (build 1.4.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM Windows 32 build cn142ifx-20051115
(SR3 + 94164 + 97403 + 97482) (JIT enabled: jitc))

To WASCE(server side) and to run maven(client side)

2. I am creating the database on the local drive. Not in a network drive

3.I do not see any files with zero length in the <database name>
seg0 directory of the database.

4) I am able to reproduce this error consistently on a new database also.

5) I have attached my derby.log for your reference.

Looking at that I have found several interesting things.(I am assuming)
While the nightly build tests are happing with derby/WASCE the derby shuting
down and booting its instances. It seems that shuting down of instances are
happening while the live connections are still there.

But when I running the same code base with derby/websphere 6.0.2.5 only one
time boot up is happend. here It tries to shutdown and boot up the instance
several times. Is there a way to stop or controll the  shuting down and boot
up the derby instance.

I also found that error is commong from error message coming from the
derby.org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnectionReply a class which is in the
derbyclient.jar

-Suraj

http://www.nabble.com/file/3919/derby.log derby.log