db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Ray Kiddy <kid...@apple.com>
Subject old CVE security entry for Cloudscape
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:42:00 GMT

Does anyone have information on this? There is an old CVE entry for
Cloudscape which lists a possible security issue. We found the info by
searching at securityfocus.com.

	CVE: CAN-2004-0253
	BugTraq: 9583

My suspicion is that the problem is no longer relevant. The entry has
not been updated in a while. There is a field in the database for
listing versions which are not vulnerable and Derby could be so listed
on the entry.

I have not been involved with updating these entries, so I cannot
speak to the mechanics of it.

Does anyone feel they can speak to this and clarify the question?

thanx - ray

WebObjects Engineering
Developer Tools
Apple Computer, Inc