db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Suraj Batuwana" <sbatuw...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: Issue with Derby when using with IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 08:23:16 GMT
Hi Stanley,

My network server starts with jar files which come with derby using
cloudscape from the different port. The derby server starts with part of
the nightly build from maven as shown below.

    <goal name="start-derby-server">

            <attainGoal name="set-datasource-properties"/>

             <j:thread file="thread.out">

                        <ant:java
classname="org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl" fork="yes">

                        <ant:classpath>

                                    <ant:path
refid="maven.dependency.classpath"/>

                                                <ant:pathelement
location="${maven.build.dest}"/>

                                    </ant:classpath>

                        <ant:arg line="start -h localhost -p 1530"/>

                        </ant:java>

            </j:thread>

    </goal>

The default port of derby with comes with WASCE is 1527. Before starting
the derby I am creating a database in my maven target directory as

<goal name="init- derby -db">

          <ant:java classname="org.apache.derby.tools.ij" fork="yes">

                        <ant:classpath>

                                    <ant:path
refid="maven.dependency.classpath"/>

                                                <ant:pathelement
location="${maven.build.dest}"/>

                                    </ant:classpath>

                                    <ant:arg line="-p
${maven.src.dir}/sql/ij.properties"/>

                                    <ant:arg
line="${maven.src.dir}/sql//PersistentECore.sql"/>

              </ant:java>

    </goal>

ij.properties has the following values

ij.connection.testConn=jdbc:derby:target/testDB;create=true;user=testuse
r;bootPassword=testpass;

According to my application it is not possible to use the Network Server
instance that WAS CE starts.

Thanks,

Suraj