db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems connection to a secured DB via Client/Server-Driver
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 13:44:50 GMT
On 10/13/06, Mirko.Zieroth@nuernberger.de <Mirko.Zieroth@nuernberger.de> wrote:

> I did the following steps:
> 1. Open a commandline window and starting the Networkserver
>         D:\db-derby-10.2\bin>startNetworkServer.bat
>         Server is ready to accept connections on port 1527.
>
> 2. Open a second commandline window and starting ij
> 3. Connecting to the db
> H:\>ij
> IJ Version 10.2
> ij> connect
> 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/e:/derbydbs/tests/testdb;user=admin;password=password';
> FEHLER 08004: Connection authentication failure occurred.  Reason: userid or
> password invalid.

Just a guess without consulting the docs, but I think that the client
doesn't consider 'e:' to be a valid part of the database URL. Try:

in D:\db-derby-10.2\bin:

set DERBY_OPTS=-Dderby.system.home=e:\derbydbs\tests
startNetworkServer.bat

and then in ij:

connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/testdb;user=admin;password=password';

HTH,
andrew