db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Stacktrace: ERROR XSDG3: Meta-data for Container org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer@10632cd could not be accessed
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:09:07 GMT
Is the XSDG3 error reproducible on the db?  Can you post the complete
derby.log for any/all the errors.  I think there should be a nested
exception that better describes what is going on.

The first error got some sort of IO error that should have been nested
in the XSDG3.  If your app printed the exception below, you should
change that code to always also print the nested exceptions.  These
should also end up in derby.log but can be overwritten if you have
not set the log to keep all errors - which I also recommend.  I have
seen I/O exceptions for out of disk space, files too big for OS
(usually at the 2 gig level), bad permissions of the file, hardware
errors in the file, user interrupts of the thread accessing the file.

I believe the first error was an attempt to write to page 0 of the
container, unfortunately can't tell for sure from the info here
what exact container.

On the second error, does restart mean shutting down the JVM and
restarting on the db.  If so is the error encountered while booting
or doing some new operation.  Again a complete stack trace with
all the nested exceptions would shed more light.  In the second
error, container 3664 is implemented by the file seg0/ce50.dat
(the mapping is container number N -> "c" + tohex(N) + ".dat")