db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: where we shoul use derby.drda.* and where the file should be placed
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:25:46 GMT
legolas wood wrote:
> Hi
> thank you for reading my post
> i saw that there are several configuration parameter like derby.drda.*
> and i know that each parameter can be used for system wide configuration
> or Database configuration.
> what i can not find is that (i know that it is a plain text file as a
> properties file) where we should put the file that contain these
> properties ?
> what is the file name ?

derby.drda.* properties are properties that affect the Network Server.
You can put the properties in a file called derby.properties, which
should be in your derby.system.home folder, which by default is the
working directory of the Network Server. You must do this before you
start your server, or the property file will not be read by the server.

The Server and Administration guide, specifically
has more details.

Hope this helps!

View raw message