db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Suresh Thalamati <suresh.thalam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: current number of outstanding transactions?
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:17:30 GMT
Lee, Jessie wrote:
> Hi, All,
>
> I tried to find out how many outstanding transactions are still there
> before I shutdown my derby database.  Is there a system function or
> trigger (or Java API) that I can use to retrieve the information?
>
> Thanks,
> Jessie Lee

Hi,

I am not aware of any derby API that will return the out-standing
transactions. For debugging purposes, there is a inmemory
syscs_diag.transaction_table,  that contains the transaction
information. "select * from  syscs_diag.transaction_table" will list
the transaction information. Note that , this information is just a
snapshot ,it is always possible after system takes the snapshot of the
transaction table, some other transaction became active

Not sure, if you can use the information provided by this table in an
application. syscs_diag.transaction_table is meant for debugging
purposes , It may change in the future releases.

Thanks
-suresh