db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: calling function : classpath problem SOLVED!
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 15:04:50 GMT
> I am having a little better luck now that I have my new Apache Derby Book.

Great! Good to hear you are having success.

> set
> CLASSPATH=%DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derby.jar;%DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derbytools.jar;%DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derbynet.jar;%CLASSPATH%
>
> wasn’t working.  it would set some of the environment variables but not
> all of them.  It was leaving the directory containing my function class out.

Perhaps you have an issue with spaces and quoting. Getting the quotation marks
correct in a batch script is always rather delicate, and there are some common
directories on Windows (c:\Program Files is a good example) which have spaces
in their name.

Anyway, it sounds like you've got a script that is working, so good news.

thanks,

bryan