db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HELP on creating SQL function
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 16:54:21 GMT
jon INFANTE wrote:
> Robert,
>
> thank you for the prompt reply to my inquiry, Im soo confused when you
> said that only Java functions are supported by derby, does it mean
> that I cannot use the derby function on SQL statement??

The CREATE FUNCTION statement creates a function that can be used in SQL
but must be implemented by a public static Java method.

This information on the wiki might help you.

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySQLroutines

Derby does not yet support SQL functions that are implemented by the SQL
RETURN statement. I've messed around a little with this, one day I will
get it closer to being committed to derby's trunk.

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/SqlPsmSupport

Dan.