db-derby-user mailing list archives

From jon INFANTE <joninfa...@smartbro.net>
Subject HELP on creating SQL function
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 13:55:17 GMT
Hi good day,

Im new derby and new in creating a SQL function in derby, I need a
function that will return a string value:
here is the SQL of the function, Im trying to work on, I do encounter an
error when I try to compile this
(Syntax error  :  MISSING ELEMENT)  what Im missing here ???

CREATE FUNCTION LOG_STATUS(ATTRIBUTE_ID INTEGER)
RETURNS VARCHAR(25)
LANGUAGE JAVA
PARAMETER STYLE JAVA
READS SQL DATA
RETURNS NULL ON NULL INPUT
RETURN
     SELECT
CASE
WHEN log.logvalue > attribute.maxlevel THEN 'Failed'
WHEN (log.logvalue IS NULL) OR (attribute.maxlevel IS NULL)  THEN 'N/A'
ELSE 'passed' END
FROM log log,attribute attribute WHERE log.refattribute = attribute.id
AND log.refattribute = LOG_STATUS.ATTRIBUTEID
EXTERNAL NAME 'myfunction.logStatus'

Hoping for your prompt reply.. Thanks in advance..

Jon