db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: class does not exist or is inaccesible (function)
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 06:15:22 GMT
Jim McNamara wrote:
> hi-
>

> I can start ij and connect to the db.   I am trying to run some code off
> the mailing list archive.
>
> for some reason it will NOT recognize the place I store MyMathFuncs.
>
> here is the link for the  code sample http://tinyurl.com/zkjj3
>
>   .  I made an exact copy of the code. the server is started in a
> separate cmd window.
>
> the function is stored in a project directory named budgetcalc in eclipse.
>
> the package name is bcalc2.  the create statement was done
>
> using the squirrelSQL editor.  I kept getting the same error last night.
>
> can someone please give me a tip?  thanks for any help -- jim
>

> here is my cmd window in dos:
>

> C:\jadeCheckBook>cd c:\derby\frameworks\NetworkServer\bin
>

> C:\derby\frameworks\NetworkServer\bin>set CLASSPATH
> =c:\derby\lib\derbyclient.ja
>
> r;c:\derby\lib\derbytools.jar;c:\eclipse\workspace\budgetcalc\bcalc2\MyMathFuncs

Couple of possible problems:

1) From your description I would expect the class path for the math
functions to be just
   c:\eclipse\workspace\budgetcalc
the version you have seems to include the package name and the class name.

2) The class MyMathFuncs needs to be accessible to the database server,
not the client. You seem to be setting up the classpath with the math
functions for the client here. The server's class path would be the one
that contains derbynet.jar.

HTH,
Dan.