db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Segel" <mse...@segel.com>
Subject RE: Is it Possible to Turn off Referential Constraints for a DBUNIT Load?
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 04:14:14 GMT

[mjs]
A lot of people come here and try to duplicate some of the things that MySQL
does. I can understand that because many choose Derby for the same reasons
that you would choose MySQL.

But MySQL isn't the best example of what is good in a relational database
and does some pretty brain dead things.

If you think about it, you don't have to *have* referential constraints on a
table. They are placed there for a reason.

So why do you want to load data that may violate them?