db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Jue" <teamp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: function classpath not found (cause?)
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 20:05:09 GMT
This is just a shot in the dark, I don't know if this is the problem:

On windows, when you update an environment variable from the GUI, any
open CMD windows will not get the update.  You have to open a new cmd
or command instance to get the changes.  I guess a local copy of the
path variable (and possibly all environment vars) gets pulled into the
cmd instance, and it doesn't check the system for updates.

I don't think this applies if you are setting the environment var from
the cmd window itself, although other instances probably won't get the
change.

Just trying to help,

Dan