db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jim McNamara" <3rdshiftco...@verizon.net>
Subject calling function : classpath problem SOLVED!
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 04:36:42 GMT
hi-

I just wanted to say thanks for helping again.
I am having a little better luck now that I have my new Apache Derby
Book.

in my setNetworkServerCP.bat I added c:\calcJar to the end like this so
it could find my class.
set
CLASSPATH=%DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derby.jar;%DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derbytools.j
ar;%DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derbynet.jar;c:\calcJar;

I noticed that
set
CLASSPATH=%DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derby.jar;%DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derbytools.j
ar;%DERBY_INSTALL%\lib\derbynet.jar;%CLASSPATH%
wasn't working.  it would set some of the environment variables but not
all of them.  It was leaving the directory containing my function class
out.

isn't that kind of kooky?
I mean if you do an echo and environment variables display, wouldn't you
expect the batch file to work?
I caught it when reading the dos screen of the batch file commands when
the setNetworkServerCP.bat ran.

I really like derby compared to a few other db(s) I've fooled with.

have a good weekend,
jim