db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jim McNamara" <3rdshiftco...@verizon.net>
Subject re: function classpath not found (cause?)
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 19:56:55 GMT
hi-

I just received my derby text book an hour ago.  I was playing around
with the echo commands it had for windows dos and noticed that even
though I had set an environment variable for my eclipse directory (I
followed same procedure laid out in the book for the demo application
that comes with derby) in the CLASSPATH when I do an echo it skips over
that entry.  I suspect if I can figure out why in the world it would do
that I may fix the problem.

this makes me angry.  i can screw up enough on my own without this.

I have to go to work now.  my hobby will have to wait a bit.
if anyone knows why, please help.
thanks - jim

screen prints -

values in my environment variable
c:\derby\lib\derbyclient.jar;c:\derby\lib\derbytools.jar;c:\derby\framew
orks\NetworkServer\bin;c:\eclipse\workspace\budgetcalc\bcalc2;c:\swtjasp
erviewer-1.0.3\swtjasperviewer-1.0.3.jar;

console window showing an echo -
C:\jadeCheckBook>echo
c:\derby\lib\derbyclient.jar;c:\derby\lib\derbytools.jar;c
:\derby\frameworks\NetworkServer\bin;c:\swtjasperviewer-1.0.3\swtjasperv
iewer-1.
0.3.jar;
c:\derby\lib\derbyclient.jar;c:\derby\lib\derbytools.jar;c:\derby\framew
orks\Net
workServer\bin;c:\swtjasperviewer-1.0.3\swtjasperviewer-1.0.3.jar;

batch file echo command -
echo %CLASSPATH%