db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jim McNamara" <3rdshiftco...@verizon.net>
Subject class does not exist or is inaccesible (function)
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 05:49:43 GMT
hi-

I can start ij and connect to the db.   I am trying to run some code off
the mailing list archive.
for some reason it will NOT recognize the place I store MyMathFuncs.
here is the link for the  code sample http://tinyurl.com/zkjj3
  .  I made an exact copy of the code. the server is started in a
separate cmd window.
the function is stored in a project directory named budgetcalc in
eclipse.
the package name is bcalc2.  the create statement was done
using the squirrelSQL editor.  I kept getting the same error last night.
can someone please give me a tip?  thanks for any help -- jim

here is my cmd window in dos:

C:\jadeCheckBook>cd c:\derby\frameworks\NetworkServer\bin

C:\derby\frameworks\NetworkServer\bin>set CLASSPATH
=c:\derby\lib\derbyclient.ja
r;c:\derby\lib\derbytools.jar;c:\eclipse\workspace\budgetcalc\bcalc2\MyM
athFuncs
;

C:\derby\frameworks\NetworkServer\bin>java org.apache.derby.tools.ij
ij version 10.1
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/c:/derby/lib/myDB; create
=false; user=
user1; password=user1';
ij> values myInc(5,10);
ERROR 42X51: The class 'MyMathFuncs' does not exist or is inaccessible.
This can
 happen if the class is not public. SQLSTATE: XJ001: Java exception:
'MyMathFunc
s: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException'.
ij>