db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jim McNamara" <3rdshiftco...@verizon.net>
Subject calling a function
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 22:53:33 GMT
hi-

I set up this function in squirellSQL.

CREATE FUNCTION DISTRIBTOTALAMOUNT() RETURNS DOUBLE PARAMETER STYLE JAVA

READS SQL DATA LANGUAGE JAVA EXTERNAL NAME
'bcalc.DistGetTotalAmount.getTotal'

if I try to call it in squirrelSQL like this call DISTRIBTOTALAMOUNT() I
get not
recognized as a function or a procedure.

but if I try to create it with the same syntax it tells me it exists.

also I don't see where it is viewable in the tree. maybe I am not
looking in the right place.

I tried it outside the squirrels realm and have the exact same results
for errors.

this is overkill as all I am doing is summing a couple of rows in a
table but I could
have done something interesting like java proc|function related instead
of reads sql data.  I am just trying it
out.  maybe I could move some more code outside of the GUI event
handlers using this trick.

Any help is appreciated!
thanks very much,
jim