db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Hong Ji" <hongco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: derby security
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 17:36:22 GMT
The ij is still able to access the database without user name and password.

I set properties and create new database in java as following:

        m_dbProperties = new Properties();
        m_dbProperties.put("user", "admin");
        m_dbProperties.put("password", "adminadmin");
        m_dbProperties.put("derby.driver", "
org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver");
        m_dbProperties.put("derby.url", "jdbc:derby:");
        m_dbProperties.put("derby.connection.requireAuthentication",
"true");

        m_dbProperties.put("create", "true");

        dbConnection = DriverManager.getConnection(dbUrl, m_dbProperties);

Is something still not set up properly?

Thanks.

Hong