db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "David Harrigan" <david.harri...@orange-ft.com>
Subject Can't use any GUI tools!
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:06:34 GMT
Hi,

I'm running Derby 10.1.3.1 from within Eclipse 3.2 (using the
plugins from the Apache Derby Website). I'm trying to connect
to the database (after adding a nature and starting up the
Network Server on 1527) using SQLExplorer and IBM Cloudscape
Workbench, but in every occasion I'm getting this error:

Communication error has been detected....TCP/IP SOCKETS

I've included the full trace.log that I generated from the
connection string.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

-=david=-

This email and the files transmitted with it are meant solely for the use of the individual
addressee(s) named above. They may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.
If you are not the addressee(s) or responsible for delivery of the message to the addressee(s),
please delete it from your system and contact the sender right away. The opinions, conclusions
and other information in this message which do not relate to the official business of Orange
Home UK plc are not necessarily endorsed by it. Orange Home UK plc has taken steps to ensure
that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but it remains your responsibility to
confirm and ensure this.

Orange Home UK plc is a subsidiary of France Telecom SA. Our registered office is at: Verulam
Point, Station Way, St. Albans, Herts, AL1 5HE, and we are registered in England and Wales,
as Company No. 3014367