db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Francois Orsini" <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection problems
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:31:58 GMT
Hi Marl,

Could you please post the exception you're getting when attempting to
connect to the database. This would help to diagnose a bit more definitely.

You should be able to open concurrent derby connections - Are you running
Derby embedded or in a client-server topology? Am assuming it is embedded
and at the end it does not really matter in terms of concurrent connections
(by default)  to a particular Derby instance, whether it is running in
embedded or server mode.

It would be great if you could post more details about the actual exception
stack trace and error message - you should be able to get this from the Java
console, if you're running your application within a web browser type of
client app.

The applet methods stop() and destroy() should get called as an applet
terminates - at a minimum, destroy() should be called and this is where a
Derby instance or database could be shutdown. Note that database connections
can also be opened/closed during the applet's lifecycle start/stop methods
You can find more information about the applet's lifecycle and the
appropriate methods to call here:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/deployment/applet/appletMethods.html

Cheers,

--francois