db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Francois Orsini" <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Retreive colummn name of a table from java
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:16:50 GMT
Yes,

It all depends how you created the table - have you tried running the query
by specifying you table name in uppercase such as:
j> select columnnumber, columnname, columndatatype
   from sys.systables t, sys.syscolumns, sys.sysschemas s
   where tableid=referenceid and t.schemaid=s.schemaid
     and schemaname='SYS' and tablename='DATA'
   order by columnnumber;

_or_ you can also run "select * from sys.systables" and find out if your
table appears in the list being retrieved...then check the actual table
identifier (aka name)...

Hope this helps a bit,

--francois