db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Tim Dudgeon <tdudg...@informaticsmatters.com>
Subject db.lck and dbex.lck files
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:14:59 GMT

I'm wanting to provide some feedback in my application when a derby
database is opened and it was not shutdown properly last time it was used.

2 files seem to be created, db.lck and dbex.lck and are not deleted when
the db is not shutdown cleanly.

Is there a way of distinguishing between the presence of these files
being the result of a current process holding a lock on an open database
(in which case the database cannot be opened) and it being the result of
a bad shutdown, in which case the database can be opened, but there may
be a delay whilst it is opened.

thanks

Tim