db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mick Jordan <Mick.Jor...@sun.com>
Subject Help with creating XA transaction Ids
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 02:37:12 GMT
I'm trying to run a distributed transaction on two Derby instances using
a my application program as the transaction manager. I'm stuck on how to
create a global transaction id that I can pass to the start method of
the XAResource object  that I get from the XAConnection object (an
instance of NetXAResource).

I've searched for examples but both that I found used external classes
to create the Xid. Looking at the Derby code the most likely candidate
seemed to be org.apache.derby.client.ClientXid but I have no idea what
to pass to the constructor. The best example I found on an IBM site used
com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Xid. I've not found any Derby-specific examples of
how to create an Xid.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Thanks
Mick Jordan