db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How to recover from the DB not existing
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:51:53 GMT
Nicholas Negulescu wrote:

[...]
> My problem is that I'm trying to figure out how to load it from an SQL
> file. Sure, I can do it on the command line like so:
>
> java -Djdbc.drivers=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
> org.apache.derby.tools.ij <bogusdb.sql>
>
> but I was wondering which tool/class to use when you've alread got the
> driver loaded and you're executing withing the VM already.
[...]

You might want to check out the new ij method called runScript(...),
which was added in Derby 10.2 (soon to be released).

JavaDoc (for 10.2 runScript method) is here:

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/publishedapi/jdbc3/org/apache/derby/tools/ij.html#runScript(java.sql.Connection,%20java.io.InputStream,%20java.lang.String,%20java.io.OutputStream,%20java.lang.String)

--
John