db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: starting and connecting to server without eclipse
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 20:28:07 GMT
"The system cannot find the path specified."

The above message seems to be related to some PATH issue while executing
the 'java' command.

What does your JAVA_HOME point to ?
Please make sure that the JAVA_HOME is pointed to the Java install dir
(not to the <java-install-dir>/bin directory).

Another way  to check if things are working is using the java' command
directly;

<java-install-dir>/bin/java org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl start

If your CLASSPATH environment variable is set properly and there is
valid java installation,  the above command
should work just fine.

-Rajesh