db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.2 release delay
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:49:16 GMT
Hi Robert,

I updated the wiki a few days ago because I noticed that the original
dates were clearly stale--we had already slipped by a couple weeks. I
pushed the projected dates out long enough to allow for a couple release
candidates in case our first attempt flops. Discussion about release
plans has largely happened on the developer list. I apologize for not
alerting everyone when I updated the wiki page.

The schedule has slipped for the following reasons:

1) It was an aggressive schedule to begin with. After a year's worth of
10.2 development, we had introduced some serious regressions which only
surfaced during beta testing. In addition, some of the feature work
needed more polishing.

2) It took a long time to resolve the licensing issue related to the use
of beta software to build our JDBC4 support.

For the record, I'm cautiously hopeful that we will post a release
candidate this week.

Regards,
-Rick