db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Radek Terber <lst....@post.cz>
Subject Re: Insert large using SQL
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:48:43 GMT
Michael Segel wrote:

> [...]
The application is generated using standard SQL queries (in text form).
Those qyeries are sent to server where are executed as
'Statement.executeQuery(...), Statement.execute(...)'.
The server does only 'microanalyze' of SQL begin to determine type of
SQL query, but it NOT parse whole query.
For 99% situations, the size of column 32 KB i suficient. But we have
several situations where is large text (HTML pages, for example).
Entire system (eg. clieents, server ..) is stable, well tested and
functional, using in hundresd slient mosules. One of them qs 'MSQL'
(interactive SQL commander/builder).
> If so, then it may make sense for you to review your design and to see how
> you're passing the data to your server side app. Even though its currently
> working with other databases, you may find that there's a better way so that
> any JDBC compliant databases will work.
>
> Again, I haven't seen your code, so take my observation with a grain of
> Kosher Salt.

I know than the server desigm may be better, but it is not priority task
for this day. My original query was if can i insert large text using
text form of SQL query (which is on server prodessed by
Statement.execute(...) ). If not, we continue using other databases.