db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Radek Terber <lst....@post.cz>
Subject Re: Insert large using SQL
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:56:14 GMT
Michael Segel wrote:

> [...]
because the database is on remote server, vhich comunicate via text
stream with client program. I have no direct access to this server.
At this time, we are using several other databases (Sybase ASE, Borland
JDataStore, Oracle, Hypersinic ...), and all them have method to insert
large texts.
We are testing the Derby database, because it is free, pure java,
simple, speed .... and this appears as only limitation to use it.