db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: 10.2 licensing issue...
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:46:11 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

>So 10.2 only runs on Java SE 6?  I sorta doubt this given your
>traditional care and focus in backwards compatibility.
>
>geir

Hi Geir,

The current beta candidate behaves as follows:

i) The application sees JDBC3 functionality when running on the 1.3,
1.4, or 1.5 vms.

ii) The application sees JDBC4 functionality when running on JDK 6.
We're proposing to change this for the release candidate. We're
proposing that, instead, the application will see JDBC3 when running on
JDK 6.

Regards,
-Rick