db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: User community role 10.2 testing of optimizer changes
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 17:25:06 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

>   We need users  especially those who have complex or performance
> sensitive queries to try their existing applications and give us
> feedback.

Yikes,  I forgot the beta link.
http://people.apache.org/~rhillegas/10.2.1.3-beta/

Other 10.2 information
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoRelease
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoSnapshot

Register your application testing results and the type of derby usage
you work think they work out at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoApplicationTesting

File issues and list them for the contest at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/RegressionSearchAndDestroy

If we can get  testing of twenty  query intensive applications  I would
feel better about a release.  I see  the issues  that  have come in
recently
as a indicator  that we need a larger data set to understand the
likelihood that users will hit regressions when they upgrade.  Please help.

Thanks

Kathey