db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject 10.2 licensing issue...
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:37:52 GMT
I read Rick's note on the 10.2 licensing issue in an archive because of
strange move to the user list, so sorry for the weird quoting :

He said :

"I must report today that the restrictions imposed by the beta JDK
license have not been lifted.

As you know, the JDK 6 beta license requires a disclaimer that bars the
use of the code for any productive use....

snip

...For this reason, we, the Derby community must change our
plan to ship imminently an official release of Derby that includes JDBC4."

Let me start with a question :

Why?  Is this all about having a set of API jars to compile against, or
is it something more?

geir