db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Have you tried 10.2 beta?
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 00:52:49 GMT
Have you tried 10.2 beta?

What were your results?

Positive or negative or why it is not worth your time I'd like to know.
The reason is this:

Open source software development is based (as I understand it)  on
iterative feedback and involvement from users especially beta.
Any regression might cause your mission critical app to grind to a
halt.    Maybe you embed Derby in  medical equipment, maybe you run a
bank, maybe you use it to organize your CD's. Whatever it is, if  it is
important  to you, you should test 10.2 and make sure it will still runs
to your expectations.

Here is what we have heard so far from users on 10.2

- Michael Bouschen tried the JDO tests  and jean the Torque tutorial.
Both  passed.
 - A single user Prasenjit Sarker has found multiple serious optimizer
regressions
 - A few users have asked how to upgrade.

Download the beta from:
http://people.apache.org/~rhillegas/10.2.1.3-beta/

Please list the results of your 10.2 application testing at:
    http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoApplicationTesting

File Jira entries for bugs and don't forget to list your results at:
    http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/RegressionSearchAndDestroy

Kathey