db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Korneliussen <Andreas.Kornelius...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby hangs on large batch insert
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 13:17:18 GMT
Robert Enyedi wrote:
> In a Derby database we are trying to insert a large number (1300) of
> records in a batch. We are using the Derby network client.

Hi,
I have a test application which does insert of 2000 records in a batch,
using the derby network client. I do not get any problems with this
(using default configuration of derby), and Derby 10.2 compiled from trunk.

The fact the everything freezes on the server process may be because of
a bug. I have previously experienced this when inserting large BLOBs,
causing the VM on the server side to go out of memory.

It would be interesting to know what kind of records you are inserting
(i.e data types, #columns etc), in order to track down what causes this
issue.

Regards
Andreas