db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error -4499
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 18:01:08 GMT
michael.mouer@sherwin.com wrote:

>Can anyone tell me why this happens or point me to error codes - I
>searched the Derby error codes I could find in the reference but couldn't
>find this one.
>
>Internal Exception: org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException:
>java.security.PrivilegedActionException : Error opening socket to server
>localhost on port 1527 with message : nullError Code: -4499
>
>Michael
>This message made from 100% recycled bits.
>michael.mouer@sherwin.com
>This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be
>privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender
>immediately by return e-mail, then delete and destroy the original message
>and all copies. You should not copy, forward and/or disclose this message,
>in whole or in part, without permission of the sender.

As I understand,  -4499 is a code for disconnect error and is typically
thrown when the client
is unable to connect to the server. Typically I have seen the SQLState
associated to be  08001 (see
the Derby reference manual)

Some questions:
Under what scenario are you getting this ? Have you verified if the
server is up and running ? Is the server
running under a security manager ?

Any other info that you can share will be useful.

-Rajesh