db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Korneliussen <Andreas.Kornelius...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Store/Read images as Blob bigger than ~32kb
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 09:23:29 GMT
Werner Leithner wrote:
> Hello!
> I hope someone can help me.
> I try to store images as blob into the database. It
> seems to work fine as long the images are not bigger
> than ~32kb. When I try to load an image that is bigger
> than ~32kb i get the following exception:
> SQL Exception: The data in this BLOB or CLOB is no
> longer available.  The BLOB or CLOBs transaction may
> be committed, or its connection is closed.

I think you should check if it has been a transaction commit or
rollback, i.e because of autocommit.

When a transaction is committed, the BLOB/CLOB objects created in that
transaction are no longer valid, and you have to run a new query to
access the BLOB data.

If there is less than 32 kb in the BLOB, I think blob data is internally
handled differently (i.e the data does not go over multiple pages), and
Derby does not give an exception.

View raw message