db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <de...@segel.com>
Subject RE: Store/Read images as Blob bigger than ~32kb
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 14:42:12 GMT

Just off the cuff...

It sounds like a problem with your hibernate configuration.
(Yet another reason why you should just write your own DAO class.) ;-)

What the error is saying is that you're trying to write blob/clob that has
been committed.

My guess is that you're writing in 32KB increments off the stream and after
the first increment, you're closing/committing the transaction via
hibernate's configuration.

But hey! What do I know? I'm still suspect of Hibernate/Spring/etc's ability
to scale.

-G