db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Marl Atkins" <m...@softlinksys.com>
Subject Connection problems
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 19:22:52 GMT
Hi:

I'm having problems connecting to the database sometimes.
I'm pretty sure it has to do with not successfully closing it.
If I reboot the problem seems to disappear.

I've got a line in there that should close it down (taken from Francios
Orsini's demo) in the stop proc of the Applet.
I'm hoping that  will help but I'd like to know a little more about the
rules of connection.

How many concurrent connections are allowed?
Is there anything I can do to further ensure that it closes when the applet
dies?

The code I'm using to close is:

public void stop()
    {
        DBaseConn.closeDBase();
    }

public void closeDBase()
    {
        try
        {
            DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:;shutdown=true");

        }
        catch (Exception e)
        {
            //Shutdown was already completed