db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jim McNamara" <3rdshiftco...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: starting and connecting to server without eclipse
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:49:08 GMT
Rajesh and Dan-

Thanks for your encouragement.  I have it started.  It isn't that
Hard to do, but I am new.  My program is executing from a jar
I created with fatjar plug-in for eclipse and it is
Now connected to derby.  Now I have to package it in an exe
And upload it to my site after a little testing.

Thanks very much.
That was a huge help,
jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajesh Kartha [mailto:kartha02@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 4:28 PM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: starting and connecting to server without eclipse

"The system cannot find the path specified."

The above message seems to be related to some PATH issue while executing

the 'java' command.

What does your JAVA_HOME point to ?
Please make sure that the JAVA_HOME is pointed to the Java install dir
(not to the <java-install-dir>/bin directory).

Another way  to check if things are working is using the java' command
directly;

<java-install-dir>/bin/java org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl
start

If your CLASSPATH environment variable is set properly and there is
valid java installation,  the above command
should work just fine.

-Rajesh