SQL-J can freely downloaded from otn.oracle.com It is free.

On 8/4/06, Daniel John Debrunner < djd@apache.org> wrote:
Ivan Ooi wrote:

> Nice if I can use SQLJ directly inside there :-) cleaner.
>
> String ls_code ;
>
> #sqlj{
> select code
>  into :ls_code
>  from staff
> where year = 1960
> };
>
> nice to have and nice to dream off :-(

In theory you can. The default SQL-J setup has worked with Cloudscape
(pre-open source) whenever I've tried really simple tests, using the
setup that converted SQL-J to vanilla JDBC. If it worked with an
embedded connection then it should work within a procedure using the
standard JDBC jdbc:default:connection. I don't see how it would be any
different in Derby.

It would be an interesting experiment to try and writeup, first problem
might be where to get SQL-J.

Also, I've spent some time on looking at supporting procedures written
in Java.
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/SqlPsmSupport

Dan.