db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Tim Luksha <tjl6...@rit.edu>
Subject Re: How To Run Derby on a PocketPC?
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:11:04 GMT
I wrote this in response to our first thread on this topic but here it is
again since you only seem to reference my other post:

I'm sorry, the correct class to use with j2me is EmbeddedSimpleDataSource.  To
get jdbc.jar with wsdd 5.7.1 you have to do the following in the feature
updates box:

1. Click "IBM Micro Environment toolkit for Extension Services 5.7.1"
2. Click "Extension Services for WebSphere Everyplace"
3. Click "JSR 169 (BETA) for Extension Services 5.7.1"
4. Click "install now"

If I remember correctly, wsdd may prompt you saying it needs other things.  It
will not try to get the other required packages automatically but each one is
available in the feature update box. Once you successfully install jsr-169,
the
jar should be located at:
\IBM\DeviceDeveloper\wsdd5.0\technologies\eswe\bundlefiles\jdbc.jar

Tim