db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Foot <jer...@thefeet.net>
Subject No suitable driver for ij
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 01:20:02 GMT
I have derby working fine and can access it through various tools using
the JDBC driver. I am trying to use the bundled ij tool to import some
data from a csv file.

ij runs fine and has the appropriate classpath, as far as I can tell.
Certainly it has a path to the JDBC jar library, including file name.

When I try to connect to derby, it fails with "No suitable driver
found".

If the CLASSPATH was wrong, I would expect a "ClassNotFound" exception
and a stack trace or is ij catching this?

I am running Derby is 10.1.1 on Windose XP

Gratefull for pointers and stuff I've already picked up from the list.

Jeremy