db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Ray Kiddy <kid...@apple.com>
Subject Re: DerbyClient has problem with whitespaces in connection urls
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 01:35:51 GMT

On Aug 4, 2006, at 7:11 AM, Bryan Pendleton wrote:

>> Trying to create a dataset using BIRT report's designer i have
>> faced a
>> problem related with white spaces in connection urls.
>
> I believe this is DERBY-618:
> which has been fixed, and the fix is in Derby version 10.1.2.4.
>
> Can you upgrade to that version and tell us if the fix works for you?
>
> thanks,
>
> bryan

How has this been fixed? I thought that the correct response would
have been that java's URL handling changed and that one needed to use
the URL in this form:

was:

	jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/C:\\Program Files\\IBM\\Cloudscape_10.0\
\demo\\databases\\toursDB

should be:

	jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/C:\\Program%20Files\\IBM\\Cloudscape_10.0\
\demo\\databases\\toursDB

Is this not the correct way to specify this URL? We found that we
needed to do this after moving to, I think, J2SE 4.2.5. Er, withou the
C:// stuff, of course.

- ray