db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "mark boylan" <markboy...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: TRUE/FALSE SQL functionality
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 23:47:38 GMT
I don't know if this helps, but I created a boolean_type table...

create table boolean_type (
  boolean_type_id char(1) not null primary key,
  boolean_type_name varchar(5) not null
);

insert into boolean_type values ('Y', 'true');
insert into boolean_type values ('N', 'false');

and then I use it for the constraint...

create table my_table (
  my_id int not null primary key,
  my_string varchar(100),
  create_user int,
  deleted char(1) not null references boolean_type(boolean_type_id)
);

Hope that helps,

- mark