db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Ray Kiddy <kid...@apple.com>
Subject disconnect from Sun marketing info?
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 19:51:03 GMT

Am I wrong, or is there a disconnect in the information coming out of
Sun about Derby?

I know I saw, a while back, the various announcements about the
inclusion of Derby, as JavaDB, in the 1.6 JDK.

So, why is it that I can go to this page:

	http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/javadb/overview/news/index.jsp

and the latest news is from Dec 14 of last year, and it is about an
AJAX demo?

I have seen info about this release is the blogs of various Sun
engineers, and I am sure the official announcement is tucked away in a
list of press releases from Sun, if I can figure out how to seach for
it. Are the blogs the most complete source of info for this?

I bet I can look back through all the e-mails I have gotten over the
last several months and find some of this info. But should it be this
hard? If Sun is putting this into the JDK, why wouldn't the News site
for JavaDB be a reasonable place to find news about it?

- ray