db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How To Run Derby on a PocketPC?
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 04:53:00 GMT
On 8/7/06, Marc Schlegel <Marc.Schlegel@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've posted a mail some weeks ago and received some help but I'm still
> not able to run Derby on a PocketPC.
> So I thought that I should start from scratsch. I'm working with
> WebSphere Device Developer 5.7 (wctme 5.7) and IBMs J9 VM.
> With my former attempts I wasn't able to get rid of an
> UnsupportedClassVersionError.
> I've read some posts that some people were able to tun Derby on PocketPc
> but those posts didn't tell me how.
>
> Could anybody tell me which steps are necesarry?

Hi Marc,

Have you tried running your application on wctme 5.7 using the jar
files from the official release?

http://db.apache.org/derby/releases/release-10.1.3.1.cgi

If you are getting a stack trace or error while running with one of
these jars, please post the full stack trace, and please also try to
reproduce it using the lib-debug distribution so that it contains line
numbers.

If you are trying to build Derby from scratch, then you will need to
follow the instructions in BUILDING.txt to the letter, but please note
that it is not necessary to build Derby from scratch to get support
for J2ME environments. That support is built into the jar files
available in the official release archives available from the link
above.

HTH,
andrew