db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: In Memory
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 03:55:00 GMT
On 7/31/06, Chris Forbis <chris_forbis@symantec.com> wrote:

> I was looking at derby and the FAQ says in Memory version has not been
> completed, but to check with list..  It also said this about six months ago
> :)  Just wondering if anything is being done on it...

This feature request is being tracked with DERBY-646 in JIRA:

Feel free to pick up the work that has been done there and continue it
if you are interested. There are comments in JIRA that describe what
work remains to be done.

If you are not interested in working on the feature, and the
durability of your databases is not concern for you, then you could
achieve similar performance by running with the property
derby.system.durability set to "test":

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/tuning/rtunproperdurability.html

HTH,
andrew