db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Fantry, John" <JFan...@analogic.com>
Subject RE: Results portion
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 15:00:08 GMT

This question has bean asked several times already . . . Once by me ;-)
The answer is NO.  There is no way to retrieve rows in this fashion.  I
had to create an extra "index" column in my table in order to simulate
this kind of behavior.  Big pain in the . . .

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Zolotaryov [mailto:anydoby@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 7:43 AM
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Results portion

Is there a way to retrieve a portion of results using Derby? For
example, I want to get rows from 10 to 20 from a resultset. All dbs I
know of, have this feature, smth like "LIMIT n, m" , or "ROWS n TO m".
Also is there a way to retrieve the total number of rows in last
select?
Thank you.

The information transmitted in this message is confidential and may be privileged.  Any review,
retransmission, dissemination, or other use of this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify Analogic Corporation immediately - by replying to this message or by sending an email
to DeliveryErrors@analogic.com - and destroy all copies of this information, including any
attachments, without reading or disclosing them.

Thank you.