db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Test - Database
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 18:59:05 GMT
Alexander Schatten wrote:
> Maybe someone has an idea: as I am in the education and reseach field, I
> often need test-data to demonstrate specific things like O/R mapping, ER
> tools, ...
>
> Or I want to add some examples for an article and stuff. It is typically
> quite difficult to get test-databases for such a purpose. I obviously do
> not want to put some "real"/operational data from one of my projects
> into some example for download. on the other hand, it is some work to
> get a serious amount of data that is not complete nonsense.
>
> Has someone an idea, if I can find such test-data for Derby? I actually
> need it for introductionary material and articles.

The upcoming Derby 10.2 bin release includes a "toursdb" demo database
that might help. You can download a snapshot from here:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoRelease

Be sure to download one of db-derby-10.2.1.1-bin distributions (the demo
database isn't included in the lib distribution). After extracting the
distribution, toursdb is in db-derby-10.2.1.1-bin/demo/databases .

regards,

 -jean